Today is a new day and water is my friend. I took some good advice yesterday from the very wise Dacia. I was surprised at how easy it was to drink more than an extra 32 ounces of water yesterday. I wasn’t constantly drinking water, just more cognizant on continued drinking during the day. With my old plan (yes I’ve already firmly cast my old plan aside) I was very easily drinking 64 oz and it seems there were times during the day when I would have liked to have another drink but held back. Well, no more, I’m going to drink when ever I want and enjoy as much as I can. I currently predict I’ll be getting about 100 oz or 3 liters. On to the scale problem…
When I weighed myself on Wednesday morning I was up 1.8 pounds from the previous week. I weighed myself this morning and I’m still up from last weeks weigh in, but now it is only .4 pounds. How could I have possibly have lost 1.4 pounds in two days, unless I was retaining water!!! Very interesting!! Which leads me to another goal, a goal I didn’t want to make, but I’m going to take baby steps. I need to start watching my sodium. Arghh, oh I said it and I will work on it, oh boy
I’m going to restate all my goals, I think I need the reminder
- Workout 7 days a week.
- Yesterday I tried a workout I have not done since my BMI was in the normal range. It was hard, but I did it, which got me thinking. I have a couple other workouts that are 40 or more minutes and if I added them to my rotation (including my new Nia workout) I’ll have 7 different workouts in my rotation. I like the idea of working my muscles differently every day of the week.
- I’ve been pushing the snooze button too many times and risking the occurrence of a no workout day. I’m going to change my alarm and work on not pushing the snooze or only pushing it once.
- drink 100 ounces of water a day, but absolutely no less than 64
- Make AND start eating breakfast before turning on my laptop
- No eating after dinner
- Pay attention to the hunger scale
- Make good food/portion choices, take in no more than 2,300 mg of sodium per day
- I may fail this goal a few times, but without paying any attention I’m sure I’d blow this goal out of the water. By paying attention I think it will help in making better food choices.
- Weigh myself weekly
- I need to work on not taking the scale so literally. It is a big indicator and its numbers are a huge part of my final goal, but it is only one indicator!!!
- Measure myself monthly
Well that’s it, for now anyways. Happy weekend everyone, don’t forget the sun screen!!!