I’m now completed two days in my Nia White Belt Intensive and I’m feeling stronger than ever before. Have you ever been in that place where you are doing something that feels right for your body, your mind AND your spirit? Well that is where I am right now. I had an absolute blast today. I’ve met eleven of the most amazing people from all over, Israel, Canada, North Carolina, Green Bay, Chicago and several from around Michigan. We all come from different backgrounds but we all share one very important thing in common, we love movement. Through Nia we are becoming fast friends and I’m looking forward to tomorrow. Yes it will be awhile yet before I get to bed (I’m writing this post Sunday night;), my body is exhausted and I’ll be rising about 5am tomorrow, but I can’t wait, I can’t wait to learn the next bit of Nia.
- A massage would feel great about now
- My feet would love a good soaking
- My back would love the hot pad
- Aleve will be taken, by me, very soon
- My Lions didn’t just lose today, they lost big time and my new Chicago friend had a little too much fun rubbing it in 😦
- Have you ever listened to a piece of music and not moved your body, at all? We’ve been listening with stillness these past two days in my Nia classes. I’ve been at concerts where you sit and listen to music and it’s wonderful. But I do know that I have never ever quieted my mind and body and simply listened. Listened for the spaces between the beats, listened for an instrument to return to the party, listened for the full story of the music is a whole new experience. Give it a try: relax your body, keep your mind alert and with your spirit waiting, just listen
Since my body is about to drop from all the dancing I did today I’m going to close up for today and go get some aleve and that hot pad, refill my giant water jug, lay out my clothes for tomorrow and rest my body
I hope you have a wonderful Monday and that you do something today for you.