I had a crazy relaxing fun busy Thanksgiving holiday weekend. We finally got home yesterday around 6pm and although I miss my family already, it is GOOD to be home!! I have lots of random thoughts today so here you go…
- Will future generations think we are weird for sometimes liking things printed out? Will they not know the joy of a printed catalog? Not sure what got me thinking along this line, but I know I read more on-line than ever before. My parents and in-laws still prefer to print what they read. My mother-in-law, a huge reader can not get behind any ebook reader. Paperless has been a big thing for a while now. I guess I just started thinking of the generations still to come, not quiet Terra Nova, but like my grandkids (b/c my boys will have kids :), they are going to think I’m weird and not just for the paper thing, oh my, love it
- Have you heard of sites like Spotify? Here is their blurb: Think of Spotify as your new music collection. Your library. Only this time your collection is vast: millions of tracks and counting. Spotify comes in all shapes and sizes, available for your PC, Mac, home audio system and mobile phone. Wherever you go, your music follows you. And because the music plays live, there’s no need to wait for downloads and no big dent in your hard drive. Are sites like these, which also have an iPhone app, going to make the iPod and buying music obsolete? I’m a little worried about musicians, but ASCAP (the organization that bills radio, movies, tv and internet for use of licensed music and pays the musician) better be on top of this one!
- Since I just had a travel weekend with my kids, which included the portable DVD player and a travel case full of DVDs, I started wondering when it will be easy and mainstream to load movies onto an iPod type unit that can plug into the DVD player? DVD’s can be about 4 GB when loaded on your computer and Blu-ray about 50GB, so with a collection of lets say 50, that would be like carrying around an external hard drive, no thanks. Ok so someone should start re-purposing those outdated iPods and make them into traveling movie pods…the iMod 🙂
- I traveled about 3 hours away from home for the Thanksgiving holiday. Well the trip normally takes 3 hours, it took 5 hours on Wednesday afternoon and 4 hours yesterday afternoon. How wonderful that so many travelled to see their family for the holiday. How sad that so many had to travel so far to see their family.
- My Lions: I still love you!!
That’s it for this week, now back to your regular schedule and oh boy cyber Monday, happy shopping everyone