Christmas weekend is just 5-days away. All week I’ll be baking cookies, wrapping presents, doing laundry and packing. This is one of the busiest weeks of the year and mostly I love it, all the work becomes worth it when I get to spend several days with family. Not everyone gets to spend time with family this week, but I hope everyone still has something fun planned.
Last week I skipped my random thoughts post because I wrote a novel of a post about my history with dance and my first journey back into teaching. I joked with a fellow blogger about how I should send cookies to anyone who reads the whole post. Anyways, here are a few of my random thoughts this second to the last week in 2011.
- On Saturday I took my boys to the local Toys-R-Us where the Marines had a bus to fill with toys for Toys-for-Tots. I have to say that visiting the Marines at that bus is one of my favorite things about Christmas. Not only do I get to see some fine upstanding nice young men dressed in beautiful uniforms, but my sons get to see them too. My oldest is always very impressed with the men in uniform and this year he went on and on about how courageous they were because they stand and protect us. I was very proud of many young men that morning.
- We don’t have as much to spend on Christmas this year. Our income has not gone down but our health care bills sky rocketed this year with both my husband and oldest spending a couple of nights in the hospital. I’m happy however that we will still be giving our usual amounts to the charities we like to support. We support, not our library (because the people in my wonderful community support it very well), but my dear husband’s parent’s library. They have a wonderful little library and I love supporting them. We also support a very productive soup kitchen in inner city Detroit (their motto: Feeding Bodies, Nourishing Spirits, Strengthening Communities), our local Loaves and Fishes, Toy-for-Tots of course and Seedlings which makes braille books for children. What are some of the Charities you like to support?
- I think I’m going to add a page on my blog about how I would start my weight loss journey if I were to do it all over again, which I have no plans of doing by the way. I hope to have it up this week. I want it up in time to hopefully inspire one person to start their journey in 2012.
- My journey in learning my first Nia routine continues with not as much progress as I would have liked. My replacement laptop arrived around lunch last Wednesday and it has taken me awhile to get used to the thing. The first routine I’m learning has 10 songs and I’m only through the first 4. I still hope to have all 10 in my body and mind by the end of the year, I’ll just add this to my crazy list this week. Actually I hope to get at least one or two more in me this week and the rest next week. I’ll keep you posted.
- Oh Holy Lions, wow, if you didn’t see the game yesterday you have to read about it, simply go here and see the 4 slides they have on their site. Nothing I love to see more than a team fight their way through a game and win the whole thing in the last few minutes with a successful extra point kick. Not only did our beautiful YOUNG Quarterback have a good game, but our rock of a receiver, Calvin Johnson, did too. The icing on the cake was having Suh back (after his suspension for kicking a player during the Thanksgiving game), apologizing for his bad choices and then getting back on the field and playing great. To top it all off Suh blocked the Raiders last second field goal attempt, ok sure it was a 65-yard attempt, but still he blocked it and we WON!!
I hope your week isn’t too crazy, strive to get as much done as you can early in the week so that you can slow and enjoy the people around you this weekend.